2013 Science-Technology and Engineering Divisions Bonnie Hilditch International Librarian Award
The Bonnie Hilditch International Librarian Award, sponsored by the Science-Technology and Engineering Divisions, is presented to a librarian outside of the United States and Canada. The purpose of the award is to provide an opportunity for a librarian outside of the United States and Canada to attend the annual Special Libraries Association (SLA) conference. The award will cover conference registration, lodging and airfare, up to and not exceeding US $3,000. The SLA annual conference will be held in San Diego, California, June 9-11, 2013.
The Awards Committee reserves the right to withhold the award if a sufficient number of appropriate candidates are not nominated.
Be a current member of SLA, preference given to members of the SLA Science-Technology and/or Engineering Division.
Candidate should reside and work outside of the United States and Canada and be working currently in a library, information center, library school or other information capacity, preferably either in the science and technology and/or engineering area.
Submission should be in English.
Self-nominations are encouraged. Send an online statement including information on the candidate’s professional career, professional activities or offices held, special projects or services, publications, and any other related functions that qualify the person for the award.
Documentation must include a current curriculum vita OR resume for the candidate, significant publications, supporting letters, etc.
Please inform the committee if you are currently applying for other SLA awards.
DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS: December 31, 2012. Nominations and all accompanying materials should be sent to Sheila Rosenthal, Chair of the Sci-Tech Division Awards Committee, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATION PROCEDURES for the SCIENCE-TECHNOLOGY and ENGINEERING DIVISIONS BONNIE HILDITCH INTERNATIONAL LIBRARIAN AWARD
1. The winner will be responsible for making all necessary travel arrangements (passports, visas, etc.) for a visit to the U.S. as well as for conference attendance.
2. Include a current resume and relevant materials as outlined in the criteria for the award.
POST AWARD REQUIREMENTS:
1. Recipient will write a brief article (approximately 1,000 words) on the conference experience for the November 2013 SciTech News.
2. Recipient will be asked to serve on the Science-Technology and Engineering Division Awards Committee the following year in order to provide for the continuity and enthusiasm of this award.
1. Applicants will receive notification of award status by early February 2013. The award check will be sent to the recipient as soon as the receipts are received by the Awards Chairperson.
2. The recipient’s names will be posted to the Science-Technology and Engineering Division’s Web sites.
3. The announcement and introduction of the recipient will take place at both the Science-Technology Division’s and the Engineering Division’s Annual Business Meetings/breakfasts.
E-mail nominations and materials preferred.
Also, see the Sci-Tech page on the Bonnie Hilditch International Librarian Award